How do I sign into my GP App?
To get started with my GP App you need to download it to your mobile device. You also need to be registered with the Surgery’s online services, which will then provide you with login details, i.e. Linkage Key, ODS Code and account ID. You will be asked to provide photo ID and proof of address.
It is recommended that all patients and primary care staff download and use the MyGP app. It is an NHS assured patient facing app that provides quick and easy access to GP Services, and it allows you to book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and set up medication reminders on your smartphone, tablet etc.
Other benefits for both patients and practices are outlined below:
Functionality for health tracking, e.g. blood pressure, weight and long-term condition
Access to summary care record.
Ability for patients to create a circle of care to manage family’s health and, for example, book/cancel appointments for dependants.
Collaboration interface between patients and health care providers through SMS messaging.
Pre-GP which allows patients to assess and have information related to local services.
Patient access to their NHS number and barcode.
Practices can send bulk messages to patients, e.g. regarding the flu vaccination campaign.
Automatic codes can be included into a patient’s record.
Friends and Family Test can be reported.
Practices can view all appointments booked and check they are appropriate.
Consult tab allows practices to send information to a patient e.g. videos or forms.
Clinicians can initiate secure video calls with patients.
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Contact the surgery by phone or in person
- Verify your identity
- Secure a username and password
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices